Pure white Lilies symbolize virtue and convey pride and prosperity. I bought a lily plant 2 days ago for Paul's Today Birthday.
Steels corner house restaurant
This place is fantastic for traditional fish and chips.
The corner house with a worldwide reputation. The north east's finest family fish restaurant.'' I have been to this restaurant many times, at least once a week, and I can never fault it. The haddock and chips are the best I've ever tasted, the batter was tasty, crispy and not too greasy and the portions are very generous! I usually opt for a medium haddock. However, forget being famous for their fish and chips, they should be famous for their steak pie! If you are looking for something other than fish you have to try it. It's full of meat and the gravy is delicious, Also, the staff are always pleasant and helpful.
The restaurant offers excellent value for money with bread and tea included in the price of your meal. An amazing restaurant, always packed so you may end up queuing in the street! But the service is excellent and seating comfortable. Has to be the ultimate "chippy". Highly recommended!
Traditional Chinese celebration known variously as Mid-Autumn Festival,the Moon (or Mooncake) Festival or the Chinese Moon Festival (or Zhong qiu Festival). Serve the moon cakes and brew tea for you and your family to eat and drink.
While you eat, talk about the origins of the Moon Festival. This is a good occasion to learn more Chinese history, either by viewing history information provided on the internet or looking at relevant history books.
Ingredients: 2 tbsp LeeKumKee hoisin sauce 1 tbsp LeeKumKee bean sauce 1 tbsp LeeKumKee oyster sauce 2 tbsp LeeKumKee dark soy sauce 1 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds or sesame oil 1/2 cup Sainsbury's sweet rich cream sherry or Homemade sweet rice wine 1 tbsp Honey or golden syrup Directions: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and you desire to adjust yourself. Recipe Source:JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
My all time favourite and signature dishes is char siu. If you follow all the steps, it's the best char siu you'll ever have. Choose a brand or type for marinades will experiment the differences tastes.
380g ~ 500g Pork Belly Slices
3 tbsp Honey - It depends on how much honey you want to put in.
2 tbsp LeeKumKee Hoisin Sauce
2 tbsp LeeKumKee Crushed Yellow Bean Sauce
2 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
1) Marinate pork belly overnight.
2) Heat oven to 180°c Bake for 35 minutes. After 20 minutes, take the pork belly out and discarding the water.
3) Add honey on top to glaze and roast for 15 minutes in the middle
of the oven until pork are glazed, browned, and tender.
(B) 2 cups bread flour 2 tbsp sugar (C) 35 ~ 50g lurpak salted butter (melted) This will totally depend on how much butter you like Others: 7 sausages (herta frankfurters) 1 egg yolk for (egg wash) Optional sesame seeds
Method: 1) Add 1 cup warm milk + 1 tsp yeast + 1 tsp sugar mix thoroughly together. Just cover it with the lid or plastic wrap. (should be under 38°c) or until bubbles arise.
2) In a large bowl, add 2 cups bread flour, 2 tbsp sugar, add the (A) yeast mixture to the flour and mix well until combined.
3) You knead the dough first to get gluten and then add the melted butter kneed till it forms a rough ball and a medium level of gluten has developed. 4) Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow to cold rise in the lower part of a refrigerator 24 to 60 hours. A 24 to 60 hours cold rise in the fridge will make the bread dough better. 5) Take the dough from the fridge, rest for 20 minutes and transfer the soft and sticky dough on a clean, floured work surface, place it on a floured, then kneading well by hand for 5 minutes. 6) Covered with a plastic wrap and wet clothes. allow to rise again (ideally in a warm place) Minimum of 3 hours to near triple in size. 7) Sprinkle a work surface with flour. Using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll out the dough from the center to the edges. Cut into 7 long pieces, wrap each around a sausage. 8) Place on a greased baking tray lined with baking foil. Brush with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
9) Preheat the oven to 170c. Bake for 30 minutes. Transfer to wire rack once baked. This bread is traditionally served warmed from the oven. Helpful Tips: 1) Baking time depends on the sizeand shape of the bread being baked.
2) Yes. 2:08 Cover the dough with plastic wrap and allow to cold rise in the lower part of a refrigerator 24 to 60 hours. A 24 to 60 hours cold rise in the fridge will make the bread dough better.
3)You can choose to brushing the crust with sugar water, melted butter, milk or whisked egg on the bread surface as you desired. 4) Brush after middle baking and before 5 minutes done will help you to achieve a bread with an extremely soft crust.
Brush before baking.
Brush after middle baking
or after baking as you desired.
It will reduce the amount of "crisping up".
Helpful Tips: 1) Continue to kneed until it passes the window pane test. If the dough feels very sticky, add a little shake of flour until it becomes smooth and bouncy. This is where you are able to pull it to a very thin membrane see through before it breaks. Most doughs are ready for fermentation when they reach an internal temperature of (25-27°C). Recipe Source:JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
One of the most famous dim sum dishes 奶皇流沙包 and the best part is the steamed buns comes with the custard sauce flowing out when you try to open and the taste will amaze you! Anyhow, you can use x 4 boiled or steamed mashed salted duck egg yolks instead of sweet potato in buns.
This recipe is much healthier than the traditional versionso I set out to make my own version. for me, this one is much tastier.
Makes 4 large or 8 medium to small sized For the Steamed Buns Dough 蒸包製作 (A)
For the Filling Inside the Buns 餡料 (B)
150g Sweet Potato (mashed) 1個番薯
70g Lurpak Slightly Salted Butter (melted & cooled) 牛油
50ml Plain White Sugar into 40ml (powdered sugar) 糖粉
2 tsp Tesco Instant Skimmed Milk Powder 奶粉
2 tsp Custard Powder 吉士粉
1) In a bowl or measuring glass, combine all filling ingredients and whip until smooth.
2) Add 2 tablespoons of custard purée in a plastic wrap, allowing to shape like candy.
3) Place into the freezer, then store overnight.
Directions: 1) Place theeggsinto a saucepan and add enough hot water to coverthem. Put a timer on for3 minutes.As soon as they are half cooked.Rapidly leave them in cold ice water till they're cool enough to handle about 2 minutes. Set aside! Recipe Source:JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
This dish had a unique way for every family, itsappetizing taste like heaven. One of my favourite dishes of all time comfort food. 两人份 Serves: 2 材料: Ingredients: 330g pork belly slices (cut pork belly into thick slices) (五花肉切片) 5 hard boiled eggs (熟雞蛋) 爆香： For Frying: 2 tbsp vegetable oil (菜油) 12 garlic cloves (蒜頭) 燉主料： Stew Ingredients: 1/4 orange peel (果皮) 1 cinnamon stick (桂皮) 3 cloves (丁香) 6 star anise (八角) 4 bay leaf (香葉)
調味料： Seasonings: 3 tbsp dark soy sauce (黑抽) 1/4 cup brown sugar crystals (冰糖) 1 cup sweet rice wine (黄酒) or cream sherry (或雪利酒) 裝飾: Garnished with finely sliced spring onion (青蔥) Serve with steamed white rice or buns (mantou). Method: 1) Heat a pan over medium high heat and Add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil for stir fry garlic and pork belly coat both sides till fragrantuntil golden brown. 2) Add the stew ingredients and seasonings. Lower the heat to medium and add 5 hardboiled eggs, braise for 25 minutes,or until the pork belly is cooked through and tender. 3) Garnish with sprinkle thinly sliced spring onions. Dish out and serve hot with steamed white rice.
Helpful Tips: 1) The amount of ingredients like pork belly and seasonings can be increased or decreased to suit your own taste. 2) Generally, water can be replaced with sweet rice or sherry wine. 3) Place the eggs into a saucepan and add enough hot water to cover them. Put a timer on for 3 minutes. As soon as they are half cooked. 4) Rapidly leave them in cold ice water till they're cool enough to handle about 2 minutes. Set aside. Recipe Source:JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk
Simple techniquesto create one amazing meal. How here are some basic tips for beginners to pressing garlic, peeling & mincing a whole head of garlic, optimally 5 minutes. It's depends on how finely minced the garlic is & your knife skills.Garlic is best added at the time of frying. I use minced garlic in any type of dishes, It will give you the strongest flavour & many benefits.