These pancakes are light and fluffy. They are perfect for weekend brunch or a deliciously comforting breakfast. It can be topped with butter, maple syrup, eggs, bacon, fruits, and more!
• 250g cake flour
• 3g, 1 tsp dried yeast
• 200ml, 213g whole milk
• 2- large, 118g eggs
• 90g honey
• 1 tbsp melted butter or vegetable oil
(plus extra for cooking)
• a pinch of sea salt
• Maple syrup
1) Put the cake flour, yeast, milk, eggs, honey and melted butter and a pinch of salt into a bowl, then whisk to a smooth batter.
2) Wait! Don't start cooking straight away. Cover tightly with lids or plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator and rise overnight, so you wake up with batter ready and cook it whenever you want. It actually supposed to develop much more flavorful.
3) Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add a knob of butter or lightly greased with oil. Scoop about 2 tbsp batter onto the pan. Wait until the pancake begins to bubble and then turn it over and cook until golden brown on both sides and serve hot, eat straight away or keep the pancakes warm in a low oven while you cook another batch.
4) Serve with butter, maple syrup, eggs, bacon, fruits if you like or your favorite filling.
1) Add a tablespoon malted powder to make the flavor if you like.
2) Add a tablespoon sugar if you want satisfy your sweet tooth.