Kneading can almost always be done by hand, even this recipe calls for an bread machine. I love to knead dough by hand and enjoy the process. but recently, I have a neck pain and I can't always stand at the counter. so, the bread machine is a life saver. This is my own and the quick way when you only need pizza or slider buns. It's soft and fluffy and it keeps the shape nicely. These are the best pepperoni pizza I've tasted. The smell of pizza has to be one of my all time favourite.
---25cm (10'') round pan---
For the base:
• 20g, 2 tbsp cake flour. (if you can't find cake flour on hand when you need it, just adding 170g bread flour instead. It's worked too, but the texture not as soft as adding cake flour).
• 3g, 1 tsp allinson yeast
• 120g, 1/2 cup cold milk
• 14g, 2 tsp sugar
• 1/2 tbsp olive oil
For the tomato sauce:
Store bought or Click here for the instructional video and recipe.
• 125g mozzarella cheese, for each pan (extra cheese, compare to restaurant)
• 125g grated cheddar & mozzarella cheese blend, for each pan (extra cheese, compare to restaurant)
or as you prefer?
• 90g pepperoni
1) Place the (A) ingredients, bread flour, cake flour, yeast, cold milk and sugar into the bread pan. close the lid gently.
2) Press the MENU button until desired program ''raw dough'' is selected. so that the machine does all the mixing and kneading. Once the process has been completed ''stir 1'', and continue to ''stir 2''. open the lid, add olive oil to the bread pan, and continue kneading by bread machine until beeps will signal.
3) Press the MENU button until you reach ''ferment''. The bread maker will allow your dough to rise about 30 minutes or until beep to signal and then you take it out of the machine.
If you are using hand knead or stand mixer, you can rise in the warm place, about 35°C for 1 hour until triple in sized. (Don't let the temperature reaches 45°C, It will killing the yeast).
4) Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, punch down the dough, cut into half, roll out the dough into large rounds, about 25cm across, using your hand palm, fingers or rolling pin. The dough needs to be thin as it will rise double or triple in sized in the oven.
5) Place the dough onto two floured round pans. Top crusts with sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni.
6) Using a warm oven by turn your oven on and off or with boiled water on the underneath to help your dough rise perfectly, rise again for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Don't need a preheated oven! 150ºC, Always bake with both top and bottom heat without fan assisted for 18 minutes. (Makes 2 pizzas with 10 inch round pan).
To make sure your cake to succeed even better. It is best to use an oven thermometer and you'll always have the exact temperature of your oven in mind.
Knead the dough by hand in above recipe.
In a bowl, add (A) ingredients. 2) Push down and up and beat the dough about 15 minutes, and then add oil, kneading the dough until smooth. 3) Cover with plastic wrap, and rise in the warm place about 35°C for 1 hour until triple in sized. (Don't let the temperature reaches 45°C, It will killing the yeast). If the dough is too sticky, adding more flour as necessary.
Recipe Source: JosephineRecipes.Co.Uk